21 February 2013

Time is zooming by



Time is zooming by. Just two more weeks now and the final bits and pieces are coming together in preparation for my trip.

I arrive in Chiang Mai late on Friday 8th March after about 24 hours of travel (17 hours of flying) and will spend three nights at the U Chiang Mai hotel. On Monday morning, March 11th I will be picked up at 8:00am and head out to Elephant Nature Park, about a 1 hour (60km) drive north of the city. I will spend two full weeks there volunteering - feeding, washing and playing with the elephants, food preparation - and a bit of ele-poo scooping too! The evening of March 24th I return to Chiang Mai for five more nights at U Chiang Mai and time to do more sightseeing.

 


If you'd like to buy an elephant lunch, click here:
   
www.elephantnaturepark.org/howyoucanhelp.htm


Reading so much about the work of Lek Chailert at Elephant Park these past months, I'm very excited to be going there and being of some help to all of the elephants, dogs, cats, goats, the water buffalo herd and a moon bear. 

I’m happy my new iPhone5 arrived this week as it will come in handy. I’ll also have my laptop, so fingers crossed that there is good internet connection at ENP! ..... I'll be posting here as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment